Thursday, July 24, 2008

Higher and Faster


I was thinking that I was way too old for this one but then I knew that my sons and daughter would ask if I rode the it. Kinda Ka at Six Flags in Jackson, NJ now boasts having the highest and fastest roller coaster in North America. Last week we rode it and it certainly gets my vote. As I sat there wondering what this would be like, I felt us start to move. then it happened. We were launched. The ride information states 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. I agree. Then it was straight up over 45 stories and over the top. Then of course straight down 45 stories. The web site states that the ride is 59 seconds. really seems more like 30-40.
The first time was with a friend we were with at the park and the second time (Don't ask why) was with Billie, my wife.....you know mother of my children and grandmother to our three granddaughters.
I was thinking afterwards that I should get a card or a tattoo for the world to see to let them know I have ridden the Kingda Ka. but if they gave me one they would have to give one to all the 10 and 12 year olds on the ride with me and to Billie.

What is the point of all of this maybe nothing but it was an experience.

No comments: