Friday, August 1, 2008

No it is Not a Mid-life Crisis



No it is not a mid-life crisis as many would think. I am 60 and had that 25 to 30 years ago. Actually the driving force has been my wife. For the last 18 months she has been saying that we need a bike. Then in the last 4 months she has really taken it up a notch. Hardly a day would go by without her saying something about getting a bike. She said the idea of her and I just getting away on the afternoon or weekend without cell phones, radios or whatever was pretty apealling to her. Well it happened. Last week she and I went to my Admin's house to pick up a refridgerator and in the garage was her husband, Dan's "extra" bike. It took me a few minutes and a quick ride to get excited. All during this time and the next day all Billie would say is you need to get that bike. So now we own a motorcycle and it is amazing.

Yes I wear a helmet.

No I am not worried about growing old.

Yes I have life insurance and insurance on the bike.

No many people do not understand ( or maybe even want to understand)

Yes I have had other bikes (even though the last one was about 26 years ago.)

No I am not growing my hair for a ponytail or getting a tattoo.

Yes it is therapy for me.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

No, you don't have to worry about growing old :)

I think it's awesome--congratulations.

We just bought a minivan (sigh).

Unknown said...

Love the photo of you on it...even old you look cool on a bike!