Sunday, August 24, 2008

Glad to be done with this one

When you ride a motorcycle it is not a question of "if" you take a spill, it is "when." So the when is now behind me.

On Saturday, I found myself on the ground separated from my bike. I misjudged a curve and dropped the front wheel off the side of the road and was immediately in sand. I tried to correct and then over corrected.

So within seconds I was looking up and not on my bike. Bummer.

Now for the Highlights.... I know you are wondering where there could be highlights after dumping a motorcycle... but too many to share all of them.

First couple to stop were amazing. Jim (I found out later) came over and I can still hear his calm, firm and very reassuring voice as he told me to lie still...don't move. He and Rietta were terrific. They have already emailed me to let me know that they are praying for me. Wow. And I am giving thanks for them.

Immediately another guy shut off the gas on the bike and pulled it up and parked it.

The other couple said they would take care of the bike. Since I was sitting in their car and realized that I was starting to feel some pain and also realized that my collar bone was broke. As a result a short trip in an ambulance was in order.

EMT's became two of my friends in a very short time. Ken and Nancy, I found out, volunteer for this duty. Amazing.

Then to the Hospital in Pueblo. the team there was better than all that TV stuff. Dr Sage, Louie, Mark, Carson, Mandy, Nina, Joy Lynn, Todd.

After CAT Scans and X-Rays.. Everything was great except for the broken collar bone.

So much to be grateful for and to realize again how blessed to have an incredible God.

The bike had to be towed and will need work. Insurance has been notified and it will get fixed. Will I ride again... are you kidding?? Absolutely yes. I need to wait until this collar bone heals but I will ride as soon as I am able.

So today I am reminded again...... What the evil one tries to use to harm us/me, God will turn to good. What a God we serve!!!!!

1 comment:

CouldBeWertz said...

Holy tire skids, Batman! Glad to hear your taking it so well! My question is, did you get to the conference or not?