Monday, August 4, 2008

An Evening Out with My Prom Queen



Last Night Billie and I had the blessing of being invited to Music in Moonlight at the Navigator's Conference Center at Glen Eyrie for a wonderful evening of dinner followed by a concert presented by the Colorado Springs Chamber Orchestra. We dressed up and it was really good for us.

Let me first get this out. If you have never been to the "Glen" you are missing a wonderful treat. Check it out at http://www.navigators.org/us/ministries/gleneyrie/

The Glen is a conference center extraordinaire. They regularly have conferences for many different types of audiences.

This is a good site to look at as well because we/ACG is presenting a conference there October 10-12, 2008. They have asked us to present a conference on "The Power of Rites of Passage." You will be hearing more about this from ACG and from Glen Eyrie.

OK back to the reason for this note. I spend a good part of my life in casual or even more relaxed attire. Read into that anything you want. On this night we were dressed up and our attitude towards the evening and each other was different. This was a real "date." Not my normal quick dinner and stop at a bookstore or on some really exciting nights we hit Office Max/ Office Depot or Staples. Pretty wild for sure.

Too many of our dates are associated with a Ministry Trip although with some intentionality I am getting better. So far this year I have taken her to Niagara Falls and we saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway...too cool.

So the plan is simply more consistency and more dress up dates. We act different towards each other when we dress up and put a little effort into the date.

Why would I do such silly things???? I love her and she is worth it.

So I am now planning our next dress up date. Don't worry she will still see her share of bookstores and office supply stores. Can't give up all the fun things

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your Prom Queen.
And it's okay to prefer to wear casual especially when much of your life you wore uniforms..(not the ones from when you were in prison, that was only short term..I meant the Army ones) Oops who reads these?