Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sgt Stecker in Back in USA


Wow!!!! Just typing those words seems incredible. His Text came in to me at 6:52 am CST. "Hey all. Guess who just landed in Atlanta" Now that was a neat text.
So many answered prayers. I just sat there for a moment.... actually a little longer and looked at the text message.
I was just slightly excited. But I also had this great sense of relief. It is so great to have him "home." Actually to be able to call him when I want to and not just have to wait until he could call us. Although we are really blessed that he was able to communicate back home with us, it is really nice to be able to call him.
Last night just before speaking at a church in Moline, IL a man came up to me and asked, "How is your son doing?" I was blown away when he told me "My wife and I have been praying for him everyday since you were here for the men's conference (several months ago)."
The faithfulness of God's family is more than just amazing.
As i write this I realize that many still have friends serving our nation in many dangerous places.
While Courtney was in Iraq, I wore a yellow bracelet with his name on it. As I have been overwhelmed by all the wonderful friends and actually just acquaintances who have prayed for him ..... I have decided that I need to keep wearing the bracelet to remind me to pray "without ceasing" for all our sons and daughters and their families.
As I prayed this morning, I gave thanks for our son's return home. i also gave thanks for the incredible indescribable family of God who have been so faithful.
FLASH FLASH...AS I AM WRITING. JUST GOT A CALL FROM COURT.
He sounded terrific. Just hearing his voice and knowing that he is almost to Fort Benning is such a relief.
OK enough for my rambling. Love to all and a huge Thank You for all the Prayers.
God is so Good. Oh there is a shocker.

No comments: