Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Post/Response by Chad Stecker



This entry was posted by Chad Stecker after my last blog entry. Chad, Tanya and Makayla have now moved officially to Branson, MO where Chad is the Manager of Music City Centre.

Chad is also on Facebook and Twitter. One of the most important things I want my children to remember is that while I am proud of what they do, I am incredibly proud of who they are.


Chad's entry from a few days ago.

Chad Stecker just took a break from a hectic day at work to read dads blog on "Needing more than Rest". I remember reading this when he first wrote it and liking it very much so, but after the recent events of moving to Branson I was enlightened by this reading in a whole new light. My parents and mother in law went to Kansas to ...do the entire move with my wife and daughter so that I could begin working at my new job. They packed boxes and loaded them and everything we owned on a 26 ft trailer and 3 cars. They worked their tails off for about a week so that Tanya and I could make a better life for us and our family. As they all pulled into the driveway here in Branson and then proceeded to to work hard to unload and unpack. I noticed that I have never seen any of them more tired than I did right then. They didn't just need rest, but even more so, they needed restoration. My parents (including my mother in law) are in need of restoration because of what they have done for me and my family. As a parent now I see what my parents do for me and give up for me in a brand new light. I have begun to see my father God in a whole new light through the actions of my own parents. I can remember so many times in my life that my parents became weary doing whatever it took to take care of me, but this time was different. During my devotion today my Father God helped me realize that it is my job as their child, who has benefited from what they have given to me and given up for me, to be an acting part of the restoration God wants to bring them. As children we can and should take an active roll in being a part of Gods plan to give physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual restoration to our parents. Stand up and give back to those who have given so much to you already. Thank you Mom, Dad, Dory and Pops!


So... You can post a comment if you like or better yet, go to the Music City Centre in Branson, MO and tell him yourself.

No comments: