Monday, August 10, 2009

Becoming Believable



I have received a great deal of encouragement from so many friends and family. As of yesterday, Sunday, August 9, 2009 my weight was 233 lbs. I started at 258.5 lbs on June 1. The bottom line is that I have another 24 lbs to go and I am shooting for December 31 as the date.

Let me give you some observations.

1. Initial successes are easier but long term habits are much harder but far more important in life. A friend told me that he had lost 210 lbs. I stared for a moment and he clarified... "Yea, I have lost 30 lbs 7 times."

2. It is said that you will find time for the things that matter to you. I had talked a great game and even made some great charts about losing weight. I did not translate any of that planning to a place on my schedule. What really matters will find a place on your schedule.

3. Support is amazing. My biggest supporter is Billie. She encourages but she also makes sure that healthy food options are available. The guys around me are very important. Quick notes and calls to see how I am doing and actually ask "What is your weight, now?" Not a bad question for a guy who "went public."

The next 24 lbs will be the toughest for a couple of reasons. First is that I have dropped the easy to lose pounds. Secondly, I must now coordinate my eating and exercise with the increased demands of a Fall travel schedule.

So here is the deal... You may ask me about my weight anytime. Drop me a note or yell at me when I am on the platform getting ready to speak. BUT WOULD YOU ALSO ASK ME ABOUT MY DAILY DEVOTIONS, PRAYER LIFE AND DAILY WALK?

I want every area of my life to represent Christ well. It is all on the the table.







http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

4 comments:

The Colonel said...

Chuck, you are my hero in many ways and I know that you will make this weight thing happen. Praying for you frequently. In Him, David

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother!
How's your prayer life??? You must have more time for prayer now that you're apparently not making frequent trips to Buca. Apparently all it takes is one pasta dinner with the Churches to help a man see the error of his ways! Seriously, friend, you're an inspiration ... I want to be just like you when I grow up. In the Trenches, Ken

Unknown said...

Chuck, you can do all things through God who strengthens you. I have lost 65lbs. since January 1st and have about 10lbs. more to go. I will pray for your continued success.

Brother Rick said...

Chuck, I am proud of you and I believe in you! May I suggest,intentionally parking the car away from the entrances of destinations and get in extra steps - many extra steps good and they add up to be a force mulitplier in weight reduction.